Home Tenants Essential Information
Tenants Essential Information
Welcome to Assetgrove. Here you will find all the information you need as you settle into your new accommodation and during your tenancy with us. We would like to ensure that your stay in your new accommodation is as comfortable and issue free as possible.
Watch a video on how to report a problem to our team:
For any further assistance please contact us by telephone or by using the Contact Form on the contact page
How to stay safe in your new home
Can you smell gas?
Open all the windows immediately the turn off the gas supply at the meter
Call the National Grid on 0800 111 999
Call Assetgrove on 0208 886 4944
Turn any electrical switches on or off (even a tiny spark can ignite the gas and cause an explosion)
Ignite a naked flame such as a match or cigarette lighter
Electricity- Electrical Safety
Be extra aware of sockets when small children are present.
Get professional help when repairing or wiring electrical goods
Only wire plugs in the appropriate manner
Switch off appliances when not in use, or when you go to bed.
Replace and throw away any cracked or damaged plugs immediately
Touch any plugs, switches or appliances with wet hands. Make sure they are dry.
Keep liquids close to electrical appliances and sockets
Overload sockets with adaptors
Let kitchen appliance wires get close to the main parts of a cooker
Run appliances from any light fittings.
Gas and Electricity Suppliers Contact Details
The following is a list of companies that provide gas and electricity to all boroughs across London and the Home Counties:
British Gas – 0845 600 0560
EDF Energy – 0800 056 5927
EON – 0845 059 9905
First Utility – 0845 215 5000
NPower – 0845 071 4525
Ebico – 0800 458 7689
National Grid Gas Emergency – 0845 605 6677
In the event of fire make sure you adhere to the following procedure:
Evacuate the area immediately
Close all doors as you leave tightly
Get out of the property as safely and quickly as possible
USE THE STAIRS – Do not use lifts in a fire as they are extremely dangerous
As part of our aftercare services we carry out regular property inspections either with Local Authority inspectors or without.
We make a great effort to ensure that these inspections are carried out at a time that is convenient to you and with the least amount of inconvenience. We always try to carry them out during office hours and when you will be at the property.
These inspections are important because they allow us to keep in touch with you and be made aware of any issues that you may be having at the property. They are also vital to us in maintaining the condition of the property.
These regular inspections will allow us to identify any potential health and safety issues and to be clear about any changes to your living conditions.
You will be advised of these inspections in advance apart from in exceptional circumstances.
Please make sure that you ask for identification before allowing anyone to enter the property. All of our inspection officers carry ID and will be more than happy to show it to you.
Assetgrove is committed to eliminating any antisocial behaviour which might impact on fellow neighbours and residents. In short, we will not tolerate antisocial behaviour of any kind, either from our clients or towards our clients.
Common examples of Antisocial Behaviour
- Rowdy behaviour such as shouting, swearing and fighting
- Intimidation of neighbours and others through threats or actual violence
- Harassment, including racial harassment or sectarian aggression.
- Systematic bullying of children in public recreation grounds, on the way to school or even on school grounds.
- Abusive behaviour aimed at causing distress or fear to certain people, for example, elderly or disabled people
- Driving in an inconsiderate or careless way, for example, drivers congregating in an area for racing
- Dumping rubbish
- Animal nuisance, including dog fouling
- Vandalism, property damage and graffiti.
If you are experiencing any problems with antisocial behaviour please contact a member of our team or get in touch using the Contact US form.
Remember, we are here to help.
Welcome to your new accommodation provided and managed by Assetgrove.
At Assetgrove we strive to maintain a friendly and professional relationship with all our clients. We are committed to offering you the very best accommodation and ensuring that your time with us is both safe and comfortable.
Assetgrove is also committed to making sure that you enjoy the property free from any harassment. We have an effective reporting system in place in the unlikely event that you need to make a complaint.
In the first instance please call us on the number above and a member of the team will be happy to guide you through the process.
When you first move into your new accommodation you will be met by a member of our Property Induction Team. They will give you give you a full tour of the property, this is to make sure that you are happy with everything and to show you all the basic utility features, such as how the hot water and heating works and where and when to empty rubbish.
You will also be given a tour of your property’s safety features including the location of the water stop-cock, gas mains, and electrical fuse box. During this time the induction will also familiarise you with the building’s fire safety procedures.
You will also receive details for our out-of-hours emergency service & details of what to do in case of an emergency.
Before accepting the property you will need to sign the property induction checklist that confirms that you have been shown around the property, made aware of how everything works and that you understand all the relevant safety features.
We will then provide you with one set of keys. Please note that it is your responsibility to make any further copies and to keep them safe. Assetgrove is not responsible for changing locks or providing locksmiths in the event of you losing your keys and becoming locked out of the property.
Assetgrove will take the meter readings , advise the relevant utility supplier who will then set up your account and who may contact you directly to confirm your account details – you will be responsible for the utility costs from the date you move in to the date you move out.
Please make sure that you stick to the following rules. At Assetgrove we take inappropriate and anti-social behaviour very seriously and we will not tolerate any infringement whatsoever.
- Be respectful to all your neighbours at all times of the day and night
- Keep all the rooms clean and free from waste
- Keep fire doors shut at all times and escape routes clear and uncluttered
- Gardens should be maintained to a reasonable standard
- Communal areas to be kept clean and clear at all times
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a week
- Do not use misuse power sockets. Only one plug per socket.
- Visitors are only allowed on the property when you are there
- You are not authorised to make any changes to the property
- Any damage caused by you or your guest is your responsibility
- Dispose of your rubbish safely & appropriately in the bins provided
- Keep your property inspection appointments with Assetgrove as well as any with our property maintenance teams
- Any use of illegal drugs or drug dealing on the premises will be reported to the police without exception
- Any weapons discovered on the premises will be reported to the police without exception
- Assetgrove has a no pets policy and any reports of pets in the accommodation may lead to the accommodation being reviewed